The moment you have been waiting for is finally here. Yes, the Steam Winter Sale 2020 has begun. Hidden and guarded at the Valve, the dates have slipped out, as always before the sales (being fairly easy to predict, it seems).
Steam’s annual Winter sale begun on December 22, at 1 PM ET ending on January 5. Featuring extensive price cuts for two weeks, we hope you are finished with your budgeting. Now, after this fiasco of a year’20, who doesn’t like discounts to cheer them up?
Also Read | Among Us Unblocked
What We Expected and What Came True?
As the ritual goes, this sale did feature reduced prices on the season’s most popular games. There were numerous predictions on which games the list will hold and gamers on social media discussing which games they loved adorning the sale list and indie pickup hits.
So, fingers crossed, I hope this doesn’t empty your pockets.
View this post on Instagram
After the Autumn Sale (FYI, it was Steam’s biggest sale yet), we certainly hope you haven’t emptied your pockets. The digital video game distribution sale held by Valve made anticipate a lot; at the same time, PlayStation, Nintendo, Microsoft, and more have entered the race, and yet, this one still has not lost its popularity.
Also Read | How to refund Games on Steam?
Tips on How to Cruise Through The Steam Winter Sale
- The Wishlist. Whenever you see a game you fancy, wishlist it; we suggest not to buy on impulse. Rather after you get the notifications of your wishlist-ed games, your urge to unnecessarily buying whatever catches your eye will reduce.
- Publisher Bundles. It knocks a lot of gamer cash off entire series or catalogs. For instance, you can check the series bundle of The Hitman games if you consider buying one. Chances are there, and you might see the whole series for a much-discounted deal.
- DLC and Expansion. Expansion does seem overpriced thus, in Steam Sales, You can pick up a lot of DLC. Reinvigorate games in your back catalog for a few bucks and enjoy your time quarantine-ing to the fullest.
The #SteamWinterSale is here with discounts on thousands of games!
That’s not all – there are Steam Awards winners to vote for, holiday gifts to pick up, & Steam Points and Steam Chat updates to enjoy!https://t.co/4TuWeBVo1O pic.twitter.com/jJwPS2tKf6
— Steam (@Steam) December 22, 2020
HOT PICKS On Steam Winter Sales 2020
We are sure you have a lot of questions about what to buy and whatnot. These aren’t recommendations(everyone has varying budgets), but we merely bring you the list of games popular among social media posts on purchases and our anticipations, which came true:
- Disco Elysium
- NieR: Automata
- Assassin’s Creed Valhalla
- Ori and the Will of the Wisps
- Halo: The Master Chief Collection
- Half-Life: Alyx, and more.
Some indie hits of this year’s winter sale have been All Tales, Destropolis, and SubDivide, among others. If you want to check out a live stream of Steam Winter Sale 2020, here’s one we suggest:
Also, Voting for the 2020 Steam Awards will end after 9:00 PT on January 3rd. Casting your ballot will get you Steam trading cards as well as help in elevating your preferred champion to the top of the heap.
Now, only time will tell us whether all that we have anticipated from the sale will come true or not. Hopes for remarkable discounts are high so brace yourself. Steam’s annual Winter sale might be 2020’s winter blessing, after all.
Read More | Steam Autumn Sale End Date