Whatsapp might have leaked users phone number to Google!
- An independent cyber security researcher informed News 18 about this. He also mentioned that possibly any number on Whatsapp can be revealed publicly on google search. There was another claim which was regarding the whatsapp groups.
- That the groups have now appeared on the google search. This means that any one can search the group name on google and join the group they want.
- The leaks are taking place via whatsapp web. That is when whats app is accessed via a PC. This can be major issue as many people use whatsapp on their personal computers for various reasons.
- The proofs for these incidents taking place have been shared to the public as well as the IANS. This issue was caused due the indexing in whatsapp. But now the group chat links have been removed from whatsapp.
- Whatsapp has already taken into account the vulnerability of this situation and had worked on finding a solution to this immediately. It recently issued a statement ” that after March 2020 whatsapp has included a ‘no index’ tag in the system which will according to google exclude all the links from being indexed.
- Also whenever a person joins a group notification will be given to all the members of the group. If they feel that any unkown person has joined in, the admin can change or revoke the group link at any point of time.” They have also requested google to remove all the chat links.
For more updates on latest technology, Stay tuned with Gamestanza.
Read more: Is signal app safe to use?