Microsoft Windows 10 to get a big update soon! – What might be the fixes and improvements? Catch up with the latest savvy tech- Windows 10 and its update, through this article.
Microsoft Windows 10
Microsoft Windows 10 or Windows 10 is the name of a prominent and evergreen series of operating systems. It is available in the market since July 29, 2015, that too in 110 different languages. This OS is mainly for PC and it is the last in the series yet. Windows 8.1 is its predecessor and the word is, there might be successor coming up too.
Microsoft Windows 10 Update
The most recent update of Windows 10 came out on Jan 10, 2021. This patch update is accessible to PCs that are currently configuring version 20H2, 2004 and 1909. To have your Windows 10 updated, follow the below steps.
- Open Settings and click on Update & Security.
- On the left pane, select ‘Windows Update’.
- Check for updates and click on ‘Download and install’ button.
The update process can also be completed in an alternative way which involves downloading the update without connecting to Windows. To do so, you must know that each version PC has different KB package or Build number which ensures the cumulative update of Windows 10. The respective KB packages are as follows:
- KB4598243 (Build 14393.4169) for version 1607.
- KB4599208 (Build 15063.2614) for version 1703.
- KB4598245 (Build 17134.1967) for version 1803.
- KB4598230 (Build 17763.1697) for version 1809.
- KB4598229 (Build 18363.1316) for version 1909.
- KB4598242 (Build 19041.746 and Build 19042.746) for v2004 and 20H2.
Copy the appropriate KB package number and paste it in the Microsoft Update Catalogue’s search box. Click the download button and double click the update package.
The patch notes for this update details on the areas that are either fixed or improved and they are detailed below.
Fixes and Improvements
The list of fixes and improvements are as follows-
- Security fixes for 83 vulnerabilities or security bugs.
- A zero-day vulnerability in the Microsoft defender anti-virus, also known as the defender bug, was fixed.
- Critical security issue resolved.
- Fixing of Windows Storage Service and Peripherals attacking bugs.
- Patches for the software and the respective tools.
- Critical bug damaging Windows 10’s Credential Manager and authentication process was fixed.
The next massive update- coming soon
the second half of the year 2021, around October, has a date for Window’s 10 21H2 updates. It will feature 200 new emojis since Windows 10 will be made to support Unicode emoji. Another new addition is the emulation support for 64-bit Intel application on Windows 10 ARM. For now, there might be another string update coming on May 2021, since there are other bugs and security issues to be fixed.
For more updates on latest technology, stay tuned with Gamestanza.
Read more: PUBG mobile india launch date confirmed?
Read more: Windows 11 release date – is it really coming?