In this article, we will give information on the new Windows 10 Latest Update released by Microsoft.
- Microsoft, an American multinational technology company, creates and manufactures computer software & hardware, provides licenses for Software, customer supports, and many services. It was one of the most famous companies known for its software products. This company was established by Bill Gates, Paul Allen, on April 4th,1975, in the US, New Mexico.
- The products of Microsoft were sold across the world and trusted by many people across the world.
Windows 10 Latest Update
Microsoft released a new update called security update on January 12th,2021, for its all supporting versions of Windows 10.
Here is the list of new Updates on 12th January 2021:
- Windows 10 version 1507 — KB4598231 (OS Build 10240.18818)
- Windows 10 version 1607 — KB4598243 (OS Build 14393.4169)
- Windows 10 version 1703 — KB4599208 (OS Build 15063.2614)
- Windows 10 version 1803 — KB4598245 (OS Build 17134.1967)
- Windows 10 version 1809 — KB4598230 (OS Build 17763.1697)
- Windows 10 version 1909 — KB4598229 (OS Build 18363.1316)
- Windows 10 version 2004 and 20H2 — KB4598242 (OS Builds 19041.746 and 19042.746)
Microsoft Releases their New Cumulative Windows 10
The security updates released on 12th January 2021 have come with good quality improvements. The improvements were:
- It will easily address the security vulnerability issues with HTTPS based Intranet servers. When we install this update, we have to use user proxy to detect updates based on HTTPS intranet servers we cannot by default. Scanning of updates using the HTTP intranet servers will fail if we haven’t configured system proxy on the client-side. if we are using a user proxy, we must configure the behavior by “Allowing the User proxy to use as a fallback if detection using system proxy fails.”
- We should use the Windows server update services(WSUS), and Transport Layer Security (TLS) certificates Pinning on all the devices to provide a high-security level. Changing this will not affect the customers who were using HTTP WSUS servers. If your doubt wasn’t cleared, check the information on scans’ changes, improved security for windows devices article here.
- With new improvements of security, bypass vulnerability exists in the way printer remote procedure call (RPC) binding handles authenticate for remote Winspool interface. For more check information this article.
- Microsoft added a security update to Windows APP platform & framework, windows media, fundamentals, kernel, cryptography, Windows virtualization, peripherals & hybrid storage service.
- If we installed any earlier updates on October 2020, May 2020, only a few security fixes will be downloaded and install on your device. For more information on Security weakness solving in your device, refer to this link.
For more information on Security updates in windows 10 and issues, refer to this link.
How to Install this update?
- To install these new updates, you need to first install the latest servicing stack update(SSU) on your operating system before installing the update. SSU will improve your update process’s reliability to decrease potential issues during installation of new update provides Microsoft security fixes. For more information, you can refer to this article. (Or) you can enable the automatic update option in your device’s settings or click on check for new updates in the windows update settings. It will download the new updates automatically.
That’s it, guys. This was all information on new cumulative updates for windows 10. For more information, stay tuned to our website, Game Stanza, and follow us on Google News.
Read more: Samsung Galaxy phones can now forward calls to windows pc!
Read more: Windows 11 release date.