Recently, Epic games lose a trial of $26.5 million. The players of Fortnite filled the suit against Epic games. Further, it was claimed that epic games have violated the terms of consumer protection laws. Moreover, for more information read the complete article.
Major highlights of $26.5 million lawsuit
- Epic games violated the rules of consumer protection laws.
- They turned careless in handling in-game items.
- Further, they basically prevent the minors from exercising contractual rights.
- Moreover, eligible class members are the people in the U.S. who had a Fortnite account between 1st July 2015 and date of preliminary approval and
- they used such account to play the game on any device or
- on any mode and
- exchanged in-game virtual currency or
- who purchased virtual currency for in-game benefits.
- Members can file for valid claims up to $50 or 1000 Fortnite V-Bucks
Fortnite compensation checks
Although Epic games will automatically be transferring 1000 V-Bucks in to the accounts of U.S. players. However, those players who believed that they are harmed by the in-game Fortnite purchases can also claim for the damage. In addition to the above, consumers may also file claim for partial damage or partial refund. Furthermore, the claims are not limited to Fortnite in-game. But also on Rocket League.
Furthermore, the players must have a proof of purchase. As a matter of fact, the player must present the evidence of purchase. Say for an example, screenshot or picture of the purchase of items or products. Also, the player must provide the confirmation identifier along with the product receipt while presenting their claims. Similarly, identifier is only require for purchase from non- epic sources. The format of the files’ must be in txt, pdf, tif, png and many more.
In addition to the above, Epic Games had disclosed a specific format for the claims on their website. The last date for submission of the claim is 26 April 2021.
Furthermore, there are some few legal points. The foremost point is if there is any dispute rising between any player and the company, then Epic Games will pay the maximum $10000 as an arbitration cost. Also, the compensation should be in Good Faith or in a bona fide manner. The player must be an adult and also legally and financially responsible for all actions.
For more such updates, stay tuned with Gamestanza.