There are many consoles around, but Nintendo has their own separate fan base. The new year just started 10 days ago, and of all the many new year gifts you received, weren’t the Nintendo eshop cards the coolest? Well, it’s quite probable that you were very excited to receive one, but it’s equally probable that you don’t know how actually to use it. Not to worry, though. Here is a guide on how to redeem your Nintendo eshop card…
Redeeming your Nintendo eshop card
There are some important things to know before we start with the step by step guide for you.
- First of all, you can use the e-shop card only for payment of digitally purchased games because the physical games are not sold on the Nintendo website. The physical copies of the game are sold via amazon or other third-party sellers who, sadly, do not accept these shop cards.
- Second, it’s not essential to buy something to redeem your card. You can use it to add balance to your Nintendo account and use it afterward to purchase a game whenever you like.
- Third, you can redeem the gift either on the official Nintendo’s website or on your Nintendo device itself.
Okay, so all that out of the way now, let’s see how actually to redeem your eshop card.
To redeem an Eshop card on your Nintendo device.
- To add balance to your account.
- On your Nintendo Switch device, select Nintendo eShop in the main menu.
- At the bottom, there will be an Enter code option to select it.
- The eshop card you have will have a sixteen-digit code enter it in the provided space.
- Redeem your card by hitting the ok button.
- To use the eshop card to purchase a game.
- On the Nintendo eShop, find the game you wish to purchase and select it and click “proceed to purchase”
- In the next window, Choose Nintendo eShop Card.
- Enter the 16 digits long code in the space provided and select OK.
- The amount of the eshop card will be displayed in the next window. Click on add
- Now select the required amount only button on the next page to add the extra amount needed for the purchase.
- You’ll now be prompted to enter your password, enter it and select OK.
- Finally, you’ll be prompted to add the extra amount, do it using a credit card or other payment options.
- That’s if you’ve successfully purchased the game, the game will be available on your home screen.
To Redeem Cards on a Mobile/Laptop via a Browser.
- Visit https://www.nintendo.com/games/ on your mobile or laptop.
- Find the game you wish to buy and select digital purchase.
- You’ll be prompted to log in to your account, do it.
- On the payment screen, select the Nintendo eShop Card.
- On the next screen, enter your 16 digit code and click on add funds.
- Add any more funds required for the game through other payment options.
- Select purchase, and you’re done!!!!
- Alternatively, you can also redeem and add the voucher amount to your account by signing in to your account at https://www.nintendo.com.
So here, you have all you need to know. Go and redeem your card now!
For more updates on the Nintendo Switch, stay tuned with Game Stanza.
Read more: How to redeem a Vbucks card on PS4?
Read more: Pokemon Go promo codes for 2021.