There have been a lot of mods in destiny 2 ranging from armour mods, worthy mods to weapon mods. These mods give a visible buff to the player, and makes it a little easier for the players to cruise through the game. One such heavily appreciated mod is the counterbalance stock mod, many players call it the most essential mod for any weapon which fires more than one projectile in a single trigger pull. Though is it really that effective? Read on to find out all that you need to know about the Counterbalance stock Destiny 2.
Counterbalance stock Destiny 2
In September 2018, destiny launched its fourth season called the season of the outlaw. There were a hoard of updates and new goodies, and not to mention a great storyline in that season, though what stood out for many players was a newly introduced legendary mod.
- Counterbalance stock is a legendary weapon mod. It is quite a useful mod as it enhances the recoil of the weapon.
- Now, as it is a legendary mod it’s not very easy to acquire obviously. As with many other goodies of the game, luck is a crucial factor in acquiring the mod.
- But as the mod was introduced back in season 4, it is quite possible that you may already have it.
Well still, if you’re among the unlucky few here are two ways you may get it.
- Try your luck at Gunsmith Engrams, the mod should drop there at some point.
- If you’re lucky enough it may be available at the Banshee-44 for 10 Mod Components, you can buy it from there.
Though, all this hassle is worthy enough if you finally get your hands on the mod. The mod description simply says that it ” Reduces recoil deviation for the weapon”
The players should note that being a recoil related mode it is not applicable for Trace rifles and Swords.
Many players report a significant increase in the performance of the weapon after using the mod.
Is the mod useful?
The mod in simple terms is very useful.
- But it’s not that simple, the players have to understand how the recoil direction works in order to gain the most out of the weapon.
- Recoil direction is actually a numbers which works according to this graph:
Thus as is very clear from the graph:
- If the recoil direction stat is 20, 40,60 or 80 the recoil will kick towards the right.
- If the recoil direction stat is 10, 30, 50 or 70 the recoil will kick towards the left.
- If the recoil direction stat is an integer ending with 5 the recoil will be vertical.
- Furthermore, higher the recoil direction stat, less the recoil will be
Now, the counterbalance stock adds a +15 stat to recoil direction. So you should use the mod wisely so as to get the maximum stat as well as a stat which is closest to an integer ending with 5.
Okay so that’s it, keep all these things in mind and you’ll be ready to rock…
For more updates on Destiny 2, Stay tuned with Gamestanza and follow us on Google news.
Read more: Light from darkness mod in Destiny 2.
Read more: Where is Xur this week in Destiny 2?