Hey guys, excited about the new features of WhatsApp in 2021. Whatsapp is launching 6 new amazing in its Application in 2021. Check out, what are the new amazing features in Whatsapp 2021 in detail.
What to expect from the new features:
- WhatsApp has been seen working on a handful of new functions in recent weeks. Some of these functions are currently being developed, while others are allegedly being tested in beta form (which means their rollout is not so far away).
- In recent WhatsApp was testing voice and video calling for the desktop versions.
- A list of WhatsApp features that are at work and are likely to be rolled out in 2021 has been compiled.
- It is expected that the latest WhatsApp updates will improve the experience of chatting and add some new use cases for the app.
WhatsApp new features expected to be launch in 2021 are:
- Multi-device support:
- Using this feature WhatsApp users can log in through multiple devices at the same time.
- This feature is currently in the development phase as it was spotted in the beta version of the iPhone.
- Currently, Whatsapp supports 2 logins at the same time.
- Reportedly, the new multi-device support would allow users to connect up to four devices to a single account. This ensures that you will be able to log in from your iPad and iPhone at the same time, along with the laptop, until the functionality is rolled out.
2. Mute Video:
- The current version of WhatsApp doesn’t have any mute option while video calling.
- Expanding further WhatsApp is enabling the mute option while video calling.
- The mute video function is still in the development stage, and a speaker icon will be accessible on the left side, next to the length and file size of the video that a user wants to post, as per a screenshot shared by WABetaInfo.
- The user will have to tap on the speaker icon in order to silence the video, before sharing it with anyone in their contacts, party, or status.
3. Read Later Feature:
- An enhanced version of the current Archived Chats functionality on WhatsApp is said to be ‘Read later’. WhatsApp will not submit updates for that chat until a chat is transferred to read later.
- In addition, a ‘vacation mode’ will be included in the feature, ensuring that the ‘read later’ chats function in the same way as archived chats on the current stable version.
- An edit button for users to configure settings will also come with Read Later. In order to easily unarchive them, WhatsApp users will also be able to pick several chats at once.
4. Join Missed Group Calls:
- Reportedly, a future update would allow WhatsApp users to join group calls they were invited to after the call began.
- As an entire community call does not need to be restarted to include new participants who may have missed it earlier, it is a small, but important QoL (quality of life) update.
5. WhatsApp Insurance:
- Soon, you will be able to purchase insurance in India through WhatsApp.
- In India, you’ll soon be able to buy insurance through WhatsApp.
- The messaging platform owned by Facebook is expected to carry out health insurance and micro-pension products through tie-ups with licensed financial services players on its messaging platform in India.
- SBI General sachet-health insurance cover and HDFC Pension plans will initially be offered by WhatsApp via its website.
6. Calling via Whatsapp web and Desktop app:
- It is the most awaited feature of WhatsApp.
- Both the WhatsApp Site and the Windows and macOS desktop applications are speculated to get support for voice/video calling.
- The functionality functions the same way as messages received from the browser, in the sense that if you are using WhatsApp voice or audio calls from the web/desktop app, your WhatsApp phone must have an active internet connection.
- You can now only send messages/files to contacts using the website and desktop app of the social networking system.