Home security systems have a booming market nowadays. A security camera is the most popular security appliance used by people. These are quite easy to use and a surprisingly efficient way to maintain your home’s security, but sadly the prices of these products are going up every day. So here we are with a simple DIY tip to set up a security camera system for your home for almost no cost at all. Read on.
Also Read | OnePlus Nord N100 Security Patch
The cheapest way to get a security camera
The chances are that you already have a camera or two in your home but are planning to increase the number of cameras, or maybe you’re just planning to get it installed for the first time.
Having three to four cameras in different parts of your house can make your life pretty easy. You can have a look at your toddler, a look at your front door, or whatever part of the house you want at the same time. It can help put your mind at ease.
But the problem is most of these home security systems are pretty costly. Some even charge a monthly or yearly fee, which drives up the cost even more.
Well, if you’re in a similar fix, we have a solution. You can make your very own discreet, simple and efficient camera system with almost no cost at all. It would be best if you had an old laptop and some old webcams to get started.
Also Read | How to setup Nintendo Switch?
Step by step guide for a DIY home camera system.
- The first step is to get some webcams. You can get these for free by simply taking them out from your old laptops, or you can get them online at a cheap price. A hoard of them is available on eBay, Olx, etc.
- Once you get the webcams, you have to move on to the wiring part, now. As the webcams are based on USB protocol, this should be quite easy.
- Take any unused USB cables, or if you don’t have them, you can get cheap ones very easily, cut it from one end, and you’ll get four wires as shown:
- Most of the USB cables are color-coded. The black and red ones are powerful, and the green and white ones will be for data transmission.
- Now webcams have no specific color code, so that it will require some work. It’s pretty simple, though. You have to use a multimeter and find out first the ground wire, then the other power wire, and finally, the remaining two will be the data wires.
- Connect the wires of the webcam with the USB cable obtained in step 3. Adjust the length according to your need.
- Now repeat the above steps to make as many cameras as you need.
- Once you are done with the wiring, you can now connect these to an old laptop. If there is a USB not recognized error, please interchange the data wires as they must be connected wrong.
- Now you can attach the cams wherever you want in your house with simple glue. The cams are very small and barely noticeable hence quite discreet.
- The last step is to get a free surveillance app. There are many presents on the internet, for example, conta cam. Install it, and you’re done!!!
Here you have it, follow these steps, and you can secure your house in no time and no money!!!
Well, there you have it, guys. This is all the information that you need to know about How to set up a security camera system for your home?. To get more such updates on these techs and gadgets, follow us on Game Stanza.
Read More | Top 5 Fitness Gadgets and Accessories