Finally, after the constant looming threat of a ban over the international version of steam in china, Valve has decided to release a Steam china version, which will adhere to the Chinese government regulations. The Company announced just this January that they have almost completed preparing a steam china version and release it in early 2021. According to top resources, it has now been confirmed that Valve would be releasing a beta version just next week!!!! Steam China would have limited titles for now, though, and the progress would be carried on for the Chinese user. Here is a complete account of what we know as yet. Read on to find out if Valve Might Release Steam China by Next Week.
The Steam China version
As you may already know, Steam is probably the most popular game distribution service in the world. The platform is owned and maintained by the American Giant Valve.
The Company initially began steam in 2003 to deliver the updates of the games created by the valve itself. Still, soon enough, the valve widened its working base to include games from other developers too.
The popularity of steam has soared manifold in the past 7-8 years. It holds the highest share in the game distribution market. It has been quite frequently seen that the sales via steam are far greater than the sales via the original publisher.
However, valves have been experiencing resistance from the Chinese government for quite some time now. China has strict control over all the content, whether it’s social media, games, or movies fed to its citizens.
Any game has to get prior permission from the authorities to be made available within China. This stringent policy by the Chinese government has led to pressure over the valve.
So, Valve has finally decided to release a Steam China version, which will adhere to the Chinese government regulations.
The company announced that steam china’s beta version would be available to the players by early 2021. And according to sources, that is happening just the next month.
Also Read | Steam Autumn Sale End Date
What will change with this release
Here are the key highlights of what is expected of the steam china version.
- The company aims to follow the Chinese government regulation in the steam china version.
- The platform will only have DOTA2 and Counter-Strike: Global Offensive.
- The players in China would be able to log in by their old steam account and carry on their progress.
- The international version will also be available, though it is expected to be banned anytime soon.
- Experts also said that this step would help the valve to operate the international version freely. Just a few months back, the valve was criticized for removing a Taiwanese game Devotion under Chinese gov. pressure.
- Valve has partnered with a perfect world, a Chinese company for creating steam china.
So, this seems like a good step on the part of the company, and it would be interesting to see how it pans out.
Well, there you have it, guys. This is all the information you need to know about Valve and Chine Collaboration. To get all the latest updates on Steam, stay tuned with Game Stanza and follow us on Google News.
Read More | Steam Winter Sale 2020