The Division 2 and Resident Evil Crossover will Soon be Getting Live. Catch up with all the details through this article briefing about the same.
Resident Evil is a horror video game series, also known as Biohazard in Japan. This Japanese media franchise is the development and publishment of Capcom. The original release dates back to the year 1996, but the sequels and installments came out later. The most recent one is Resident Evil 7, whose sequel will be out in 2021. This game comes under the survival horror and shooter genre. It features both first and third-person perspectives.
The gameplay is all about battling zombies and monsters as an individual. Usually, these creatures are the creation of the in-game pharmaceutical company named Umbrella Corporation.
Also Read | Resident Evil Village Release Date
Tom Clancy’s Division 2
Tom Clancy’s The Division 2, or simply The Division 2, is an online video game. It is the successor of Tom Clancy’s The Division (2016). Massive Entertainment and Ubisoft are the developer and publisher, respectively. This is an action-role playing and tactical shooter genre game. And it is available in Windows, PS4, and Xbox One since 15th March 2019.
The multiplayer game sets feature near-future, open-world Washington DC. The player is a part of the Strategic Homeland Division trying to rebuild the city. Four players must team up to play this third-person shooter game and accomplish the goals or missions. Players can also create their own Division agent through the character’s gender and appearance customization. A variety of firearms and grenades are available, which can bring down the opponents. Better the weapon stats and talents, better the gaming performance.
Also Read | Resident Evil 8 Release Date
The Division 2 and Resident Evil Crossover – Live
Division 2 and Resident Evil are getting crossover this month. It was announced officially by both the developers in the showcase event of Resident Evil 8. This crossover marks the 25th Anniversary celebration of the Resident Evil series. Since this event starts from today, as of February 2, 2021, and extends up to 15th February 2021, there are fewer chances for the players to miss it.
As a part of this massive celebration, there are several exclusive goodies that the players can obtain. They are as follows-
- The original Resident Evil trilogy’s skins and weapons are coming back.
- In this event duration, get your hands on the free Leon Kennedy Racoon City police department skin by logging in to the game.
- More details will be coming out about obtaining the outfits and weapons spanning STARS to Umbrella whilst this event exists.
- Also, STARS-theme of outfits is accessible for players in the Ubisoft game, without the apparel keys.
- Collect seven back trophies and four new patches before the event ends. This will add to your account’s fancy skins, cosmetic items, and special weapons collection.
Watch the crossover live today! You can notice the Racoon City lending a hand to D.C. and New York City by sending their best. Don’t miss the crossover apparel that is also launching alongside.
Also Read | Resident Evil 4 Remake Release Date
Division 2 and Resident Evil Crossover – Further Impacts
- Due to the patch 12.1 update in Division 2, next-gen upgrades will come to PS5 and Xbox Series X/S. This patch is coming along with the crossover event and includes 4K visuals and 60 fps support for the above consoles.
- Optimization Station changes have come into play, with the optimization costs reduced to 25%. The optimization of material crafting recipes is also down by 50%. Ubisoft wanted the players to afford their weapon optimization and thus, enabled this change.
- The showcase also got us extended gameplay footage, which leaked some new features and contents like a merchant, along with the release date for Resident Evil Village.
So, there you have it, guys. This is all the information that you need to know about Resident Evil and Division 2. For more such updates on Resident Evil, stay tuned with Game Stanza and follow us on Google News.